1. Arrive early. This will give you a chance to review your case with your lawyer and listen to the trustee ask other people questions that he/she will also ask you.
2. Bring government issued photo id and social security card or other official document like w-2 or letter from social security. A tax return is not acceptable.
3. Also bring current pay stub and any other documents requested by your lawyer.
4.Have your documents in your hand so you can put on trustee’s desk when he calls you.
5. Be polite to the trustee. He is only doing his job by asking you questions and you do not want to give trustee a reason to make things more difficult.
6. If trustee requests you send documents after the meeting, do it right away to avoid any delays in receiving your discharge.
Following these tips will help your bankruptcy go smoothly.